Saturday, August 28, 2010

Collect and Gather....


I find that I love to collect and gather little gems that speak to me. When these little gems make their way into a piece of jewelry it is very satisfying and makes the collecting all the more fun. In honest...I never dreamed I would be making jewelry of any kind and do not consider myself a jewelry designer. I simply play with the materials that work for me and am always surprised by the end result. I find pleasure in taking apart an old jewelry piece and giving it new life! I enjoy materials like wooden beads, Milagros, copper, hemp, Afghanistan dress flowers...and of course a lot of recycled anything just to name a few. My pieces tend to have a funky flair and sometimes I think I am the only one that really likes them. Then, a gentle gratification comes when a piece sells. An encouragement to keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment