Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hand Knotted Rosaries....


The word Rosary has a few meanings: “Crown of Roses”, “Rose Garden” or “Garden of Roses”, all sound beautiful. The Rosary is a Marian Devotion; it is a gift of oneself in terms of prayers to the Virgin Mary.  There is a mental tranquility that comes with praying the prayer beads of the Rosary. The Lord’s Prayer followed by 10 Hail Mary’s is called a decade. There are five decades and the praying of each comes meditation for one of the Mysteries of the Rosary. There are twenty mysteries that are divided into the Joyful Mysteries, Luminous Mysteries, Sorrowful Mysteries, and Glorious Mysteries.  It is a simple set of prayers that represent the beauty of the Rosary.


I create these one of a kind Rosaries from recycled beads and unique findings. Each Rosary is hand knotted with hemp, yarn, or cord. I use traditional crosses or crucifixes’s  but, sometimes stretch the tradition with an artful idea. I love sacred heart Milagros and Mexican folk art pieces like talavera moons and suns and use these in place of a cross. My Rosaries are traditional only in the sense that they are actual rosaries that can be used for prayer. Otherwise I see them as OOAK (original one of a kind) pieces of art. I hope you enjoy a taste of my soul. You can find my Rosaries through my Etsy shop. http://www.mexisoul.etsy.com

2 comments: